Friday, July 10, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

I read a lot of blogs. I guess it's just the nosy southern girl in me that loves to know what is going on with others. I also love to share in the joys of others. But often by reading, I share in the struggles of others. I read about people with cancer, people experiencing difficulties with infertility and people with sick babies. This morning, I came across the blog of a family who lost a baby last year and gave birth to another baby this week that likely will not make it. I cried. Actually I am still crying a little.
A lot of times I feel like the things I write about here come off as whiny and complain-y. I gripe about kids not sleeping, a messy house, the new house not being built fast enough. The truth is, I am blessed beyond anything I could have ever dreamed. My children are beautiful and perfect. I have a really really great husband who respects me, supports me, listens when I talk and adores our kids. I have incredible parents who are there for me no matter what the need. And I can't even put into words how awesome my sister and brother-in-law are. I am so lucky to have always been very close to all my extended family and grandparents. And I have fantastic in-laws. Brandon and I have good jobs and we are building a dream home. All of that just scratches the surface!
I am amazed at the struggles that people overcome. And they don't just overcome, they remain so faithful to God and continue to trust his plan for them. It AMAZES. ME. We have a busy weekend coming up and I am thankful for reading that blog this morning and getting things in perspective. God is good.

3 comments:

Nana said...

Amen !!

Desiree said...

Don't forget, you have really great friends, too :)

Nana said...

I say Amen to that too !! :)