Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The House



We are making progress. For the MAJOR lack of progress last month, we are making a lot of progress this month. The last six weeks or so have seemed so slow because the only things going on were plumbing and electric and HVAC. Bo Ring. I like progress I can SEE. They started the siding yesterday. I have to say that Brandon and I really struggled with the decision of which siding to go with. As per usual, what we wanted was much more expensive. We finally reasoned that we would drive up to this house for the rest of our lives and we didn't want to always say "We wish we had just gone with the Pol.ar Wall." I really wanted the look of Har.dy Board siding which is a new-ish material that is fiber cem.ent siding. It has the look of real wood and is low (ish) maintenance. {It does have to be painted initially AND then again in 20 or so years.} Then you have vinyl that you put up and it's DONE. So we wanted vinyl with the look of Har.dy board. We decided on Po.lar Wall P.lus siding which is a foam backed siding that is available in "designer colors" and come in a 5 inch wide board. We went with russett and I LURVE IT! With the money I saved on my bedspread, it will be no issue, right? ☺

1 comment:

Nana said...

That's my girl...E F Hutton ! I also LOVE the siding! The color is so pretty and I love "the look" ! So...when can you move in???