Monday, July 13, 2009

Hello Good Buy!


I've had a pretty good idea of what kind of decor I want for the new house. One thing I have been set on is the decor for my {and Brandon's} room: a black and white bedspread with Tiffany Blue walls. I have searched high and low for a black and white bedspread. I've found black and cream or black and grey or brown and white. I've found some black and white that I really didn't like. But I finally came across a black and white comforter set at Walm.art dot com. It was $65 for the comforter and two shams which I thought was actually a pretty good deal so I ordered it. They called me Saturday to tell me that it HAD come in but there was an issue. An associate made a mistake and accidentally returned the charge to my card, BUT they did still have the comforter and would keep it until I could come and get it. I would just have to pay for it again. OK. It was a small hassle but oh well.
So I went yesterday to pick it up. Sure enough they have the comforter with a big not that says it is for me but they would have to override the price at the register and charge me $65. The register in the Site to Store department was down so I was going to have to take it up front to a register. I asked the lady if I was going to have any trouble and she assured me I would not. So I asked her what it would normally ring up as so she got a scanner thingy to check. And she burst into laughter. Hmm...How much is it supposed to be? She is still laughing and says "YEAH! They'd have to override that!" HOW MUCH LADY???? She finally tells me. Are you sitting down? SEVEN DOLLARS! That's right folks. $7.00. Siete dólares! Evidently it had been something they carried in store but it had gone on clearance. I guess they were trying to get rid of the remaining inventory online but the store still had the clearance price? I don't know and I really don't care!
So I yell say "Well, I'm not paying $65 for it!" Thankfully she was in agreement and said to just let them ring it up and it would ring up at $7. Oh my word! I was so nervous that when I got up there to pay they were going to say "NOPE LADY WE ARE ONTO YOU! You are paying $65!" But they did not! So I got the comforter of my dreams for SEVEN BUCKS! I NEVER get deals like that!

It's even reversible!

2 comments:

Nana said...

The comforter is beautiful !! I think it will be perfect in your "new" room. I would like to place an order with you.. please... to find me a qu.een s.ize com.forter in white...for $7.00...No rush :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really like that! I love the idea of black/white/tiffany blue. It will look great and what a steal!