Monday, July 27, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

SO what do ya'll want to hear about? I'm not really feeling bloggy. I guess the fact that I am writing this at all means I am feeling somewhat bloggy. But I feel like I should have some big, introspective, amazingly insightful post and I am not feeling it. So this will be one of those "Just the Facts" kind of blogs.
***
House progress continues. My dad {graciously} came once again this weekend all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday to serve as electrician's assistant. Yesterday, Tim joined in the fun too and they made a lot of progress. John and Brandon's mom are coming on Saturday to finalize the electric {for now} so that drywall can begin. YAHOO!
We also talked with a friend about doing our hardwood. We are going to work out a trade {super awesome} for Brandon's old truck. The only thing is our friend's opinion on what kind of flooring we should get. I have had my heart set on wide {at least 6 inch} hand scraped floors. I had assumed I would just get pre-finished. Our friend says he would not go wider than 3 1/4, he would get red oak???, and he would do them unfinished and get them finished. Hmmm..things to ponder. ***If any of you readers are experts on hardwood or have any knowledge or OPINION on hardwood, PLEASE share it with me. I am perplexed. {I already have Nana's opinion} Brandon says we'll get what we want. And our friend says he will lay whatever we want, that is just his opinion.
We ran out of materials for the siding. Siding Guy says the materials are expected in this afternoon so they should be out to finish up this week.
***
We had a good weekend. Saturday as I said, Brandon worked and I had the kids. Pretty standard. My mom came to help Biz ready her house for a church get together we had Saturday night. I must add that I LOVE Biz's place. I am AMAZED at what they have done with a space that was just one enormous room this time last year. {she should send me pics so I can post them!} They have both done an outstanding job with their remodel. I really admire their vision and ability to see it through. I often feel that I have neither the vision NOR the ability to see it through! {ok, I might have the vision, but I always feel like mine is much more plain and boring.}
Saturday evening we had another "Backyard Barbecue" with four other families from church. This is the third time we have all gotten together and we had so much fun. The idea is something that the church started. An opportunity was presented to sign up to be assigned a group. We were put into groups of five or so families and the requirement was to get together once during the months of May, June and July at different people's houses for a meal. It has been wonderful! Going into it, I did not know any of the other couples {except Biz and Tim!}. We all get along great. Our kids play together and we just socialize and EAT! We had a great meal and just a really great time. Brandon has come along {kicking and screaming} and I actually think he doesn't hate it, which is a great thing. Saturday night, we all agreed we'd like to keep it going! So I guess now it is becoming a supper club. And I am really excited because now I can hopefully host in November! We can have chili and hang out on the deck! AND, August 8, all of the Backyard Barbecue groups are coming together to host an ice cream social at church and YOU are invited! Saturday August 8, 6:00 pm at Broadway UMC, Greenwood Campus. Hamburgers, hot dogs and ICE CREAM! Ya'll come!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Sometimes all you need is "just the facts"...you don't rememeber Sgt. Friday but that was pretty much his stance on everything..."the facts M'am..nothing but the facts" The emotion is wonderful...tagged as "the drama"...or the "he said...she said" but the facts also work! I accept your invitation to the Greenwood Bar-B Q group !! I can hardly wait !! :)

Desiree said...

BUMMER!! Saturday, August 8th I'll be on the road to Ft. Knox and will FER SHER not feel like driving any further!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! xoxo