Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm Going Solar!

So remember last week when my power went out at night? It happened again. I am so. completely. OVER. Tri.cou.nty Elec.tric Coop! Our power goes out for some period of time DAILY. It's ridiculous!
So last night we had just gotten the kids in bed and it flashed...flashed...flashed...OUT. So I call Biz and she reports that hers flashed as well but did not go out. Super. Brandon gets on the horn to the power company and he is #1 in line. Now you may remember last week when I called during that outage, I was #22. Again I am thinking this cannot be good. So he reports the outage and the lady in dispatch has not had any reports yet. I am thinking "Are we the only ones???" Brandon decides to walk up the driveway to see if our neighbors have power. They do not. We turn off all the light switches and head to bed. THANKFULLY Brandon had downloaded the white noise app to his phone so he turned that on and put it in the kids' room. Long story short...the power came back on at 11:45 and then went off AGAIN at 12:15 and was off until about 2:15. Bad night. I told Brandon we should complain and he said "What are we going to do? Change electric companies???" I suggested we go solar and say forget them all! The whole night made for a very sleepy Mama! One spot of good news in all of this is that the kids both slept fantastically!
You may also remember this has been my "late week". Only today I needed to be here early. AYE! We did make it here by 7:30 {by some miracle} AND best of all, I got a three hour break during the day. What did I do with my 3 hour break, you may ask...I went home and CLEANED! I was able to hit the bathroom and kitchen very well and straighten the den and clean out the back of my truck. Yes, Mom and Biz, I cleaned it out very well and it only has essentials now! Did anyone see Op.rah yesterday? It was about people who have completely cluttered vehicles. It hit a little too close to home! So now my truck is a bit more acceptable and I actually think my Pop would approve. {It just needs to be vaccuumed}.
I am ready for the long weekend! Biz is taking the kids to a movie. {I KNOW! She's crazy, huh?} Biz doesn't always approve of my timeline on exposing my kids to new experiences so sometimes she takes it upon herself to expose them. It will go one of two ways: A. Extremely well. B. Horribly bad. I can't really decide. I have predicted that my little TV baby, Mason will do much better than his sister. She didn't really get into tv until she was almost three. Even now, she talks a lot during shows, barely watches movies and it takes a lot to keep her interest. She prefers action. Doing. And most of the time if a show is on she will put around taking care of her babies while watching Tonight I am planning to do a "movie prep". Ellie does much better in new situations if she knows what to expect.{This is her father in her!} So I am going to go over the whole "it will be dark and loud" bit. I hope they have fun. I know I will!
So my house is clean. Tomorrow morning, I am planning to hit the Mennonites for some good veggies and cantelope. {YUM!} Then hopefully the kiddies will take a good nap and be ready for the movie. I hope to finish up any chores/ cleaning/ house duties during nap and then SEW all afternoon. YAY! Ellie is going on her first "spend the night" with Aunt Biz and Uncle Tim. Nana felt it was a good opportunity to give Mason his one-on-one with Nana and Poppop so he is going to spend the night with them. {Perhaps Brandon will take me on a date.} Saturday is the annual Jordan Family get together at my Uncle Bobby's. My cousin's birthday is tomorrow and we always celebrate on the 4th. And over the last few years, she has been gracious enough to share her day with Ellie since hers in the 13th. I have proposed the idea of taking the kids to see fireworks to Brandon so hopefully he will go along and we will do that Saturday night. I think Ellie will enjoy fireworks. {Or she might be like her Mama and scream bloody murder every time she sees or hears fireworks until she is about 15. We shall see!} No plans as of yet for Sunday.
Happy Fourth, ya'll. Be safe!

NOTE: For those of you who are not real schooled on blogging {Mom} and have wondered why I put periods in the middle of some of my words, here is my explanation: So that if someone searches something like "Op.rah", my blog does not come up. It's a small effort to keep this blog off the radar.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Oh...th.an.k y.o.u dear chil.d !! I just thought that was you speaking with emphasis on t.h.e w.o.rd!!! I feel much better knowing that bit of Blog trivia!! It makes me feel...shall we say "current" !

Desiree said...

Inter.esting. I didn't know why you d.id that, eit.her. Another thing you could to to protect your pri.vacy is to go PRIVATE. J.ust s.ay.in.